- This event has passed.
Saltdean Lido Dog Swim 2020
Sat 26 September 2020 | 8:00 am - Sun 27 September 2020 | 5:00 pm£10.50
Once again, Saltdean Lido will be hosting TWO Dog Swim Weekends for 2020 on 19/20th and 26/27th September.
Here’s how it works: Due to having to restrict the number of Humans on site (though not the number of dogs), they are holding 5 sessions on each of the four days.
Session times are:
9am-10.30am; 11am-12.30pm; 1pm-2.30pm; 3pm-4.30pm and 5pm-6.30pm
You will need:
- Human ticket/(human) swim ticket: You must book a Human ticket before the system will allow you to book a Dog ticket. If you want to swim with your BF, you’ll need a human swim ticket, or if you prefer to stand at the poolside and throw a toy, a spectator ticket is fine.
- Dog ticket: For the dog swim ticket, your Best Friend has access to both the main pool and for those less adventurous, the paddling pool (with slide).
Rules and things to know:
- For Health & Safety reasons, Under-16s are not allowed into the pools (This applies to Humans only!!!) Under-16s are welcome as spectators.
- The lifeguards are only trained for Humans, so you are responsible for your BF. There is an absolute No Aggression policy (so if either you or your BF snarl at or attack anyone, you’ll both be asked to leave). You are expected you to pick up any deposits your BF leaves.
- There’s lots of grass for your BF to dash around on too, if they have any energy left, and the site is secure.
- No tickets will be sold on the door.
- Everyone must socially distance whilst queuing outside.
- No changing facilities this season. There’s plenty of space for changing under a towel afterwards.
- Because it’s so difficult to socially distance poolside (around both pools), even though we’re out in the open, we must ask all adults not swimming to wear facial covering when in the congested areas.
Tickets are available on WeGot Tickets here.
Ticket prices (to which add booking fees):
- dog ticket: £7.50
- human swim ticket: £7.50
- human spectator: £3
Description by the organisers
Disclaimer: We do our best to provide accurate information, however times of events may vary/be rescheduled/cancelled, so please always double check on the official events pages/with the organisers. You can find the official link to event page in each listing. We cannot be held liable for relying on information provided in the listing.
Please note that unless clearly stated in the listing, we are NOT the organisers of the event. Please get in touch with the organisers directly with any questions you may have.
Submit a dog event and get it listed in the Dog Events Calendar by filling the form available at this link.