Run the Pack – Walthamstow Marshes
Sun 15 September 2019 | 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Running with your dog is a fantastic way to keep fit and have fun. Also known as canicross, it’s an exciting and fast growing sport. Join Run the Pack for a run through Walthamstow Marshes on 15th September 2019. Choose between 5km or 10km.
The run is in groups, led by a pack leader and set off in waves. The rule is ‘no dog left behind’. It’s first and foremost about having fun – nobody is too slow! For those looking for a PB this might not be the event for you, but you’re more than welcome (we’ll provide you with a map). We’ll kick off at 9am on Sunday 15th September and will be in touch before the event to confirm the exact start point in Walthamstow Marshes.
Every pooch will receive a doggy bag packed full of healthy treats when they cross the ‘finish line’, and there’ll be prizes thanks to our incredible sponsors.
– All abilities welcome – new to canicross or regular runners
– Organised entirely by volunteers
– We hold 4 meetups a year, Sep-May (avoiding the hot summer months)
Donate what you can via Eventbrite to secure your place. All money raised will be donated to Chilterns Dog Rescue Society (CDRS). Please give generously: https://run-the-pack-walthamstow-marshes.eventbrite.co.uk
CDRS is an independent rescue and rehoming shelter in Hertfordshire. The charity refuses to put dogs down, provides extensive veterinary care and training for dogs that need it and gives a second chance to hundreds of dogs every year.
A few things to think about:
– If this is the first time you’ll be running with your dog, you may want to consult your Vet.
– Dogs must be fully mature to run. Typically this is at least 12 months old for smaller dogs and 18 months for larger.
– Maximum 2 dogs per runner.
– We’ll start at 9am. Please arrive in good time. Your dog will want a sniff.
– We recommend dogs run in a canicross harness but a regular, non-restrictive harness is also OK. No leads on collars.
– We recommend humans run with a waist belt and bungee lead for your own comfort and safety. If you don’t have either of these please let us know as we have spares for you to borrow. Email email@example.com
– The event is on-lead. We can’t accept any off lead dogs.
– Please bring water and poo bags. You are responsible for your dogs hydration and picking up after your pooch.
– Run in appropriate trainers and comfortable clothes. Parts of the route may be a little muddy.
– You must be in control of your dog. We are inclusive (canicross can be a great outlet for dogs with anxiety or other issues), but please let us know if your dog likes a bit more space.
– We run in all weathers. Join us even if it looks like rain!
Check out the following websites for more canicross information, including top tips:
– DogFit, https://dogfit.co.uk/
– Canicross The Kennel Club, https://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/activities/canicross/
If you have any questions, please do get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Run the Pack 2019 series run sponsors:
Barker & Barker / Beautiful Joe’s Ethical Dog Treats / Beco Pets / Bella and Duke / Company of Animals / Fetch & Follow / Fish4Dogs / Forthglade Natural Pet Food / Growlees / Harley Bear’s Coco Bites / Hiro + Wolf / Laughing Dog Food / Lecker Bites / Lily’s Kitchen / Love My Human / McCann Pet Group / PitPat / Rosewood Pet Products / The London Dog House / Thrive Pet Foods / Tug-E-Nuff Dog Gear / Veni-Dog / Your Dog Magazine / Zealandia Pets – New Zealand
Disclaimer: We do our best to provide accurate information, however times of events may vary, so please double check on the official events pages/with the organisers. You can find the official link to event page in each listing.
Submit a dog event and get it listed for free in the Dog Events Calendar by filling the form available at this link.