- This event has passed.
Sat 18 May 2019 | 10:00 am - Sun 19 May 2019 | 6:00 pm£13.50
One out of London, but not too far. Dogstival, an exciting new, boutique-style dog festival will take place on Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th May 2019 will take place in the heart of doggy paradise the New Forest and complete with its very own BEACH. Reward your dog with their best day out ever. Set in the stunning surroundings of the Pylewell Park Estate, Dogstival promises all the ingredients for a fabulous day out for you and your four-legged family member. There’s even a glorious dog-friendly beach, which is a first for a UK dog festival!
A celebration of the joy dogs bring to our lives, visitors can expect dazzling displays, activities to try, delicious treats, fantastic gifts, experts talks and more, in the heart of one of the UK’s most dog-friendly areas.
UPDATE: TV presenter, naturalist and dog-lover Chris Packham, whose recent involvement in changes to Natural England’s legislation has prompted threats to his life, will now not be attending Dogstival, a new festival for dogs and dog lovers held at the Pylewell Park Estate, New Forest. The decision has been made as the best course of action after the family-friendly event had been ongoingly cited as a target for people to publicly display and demonstrate their anger at Mr Packham, over issues that are unrelated to or concerning Dogstival’s dog-friendly event.
What to expect at Dogstival
Dogstival Display Arena | Dog House Behavioural Stage | Get Your Paws Involved Activities | K9 Aquasports Pool | Dog-Friendly Beach | Chill Out Den | Live Music | Artisan Food | Vintage Fun Fair | Shopping
An action-packed roster of brilliant things to try, taste, do, discover and buy, a Dogstival day out will include:
- Dogstival Main Arena – the heartbeat of this exciting new dog day out, this is the place to watch the dazzling skills of traditional working, therapy and assistance dogs from some of the best display teams in the UK including Shadow Quest, Paws For Thought and The Rockwood Display
- Dog House Behavioural Stage – owners can get a deeper understanding of their dog’s wellbeing and behaviour from canine experts covering topics such as mental stimulation, separation anxiety, diet, exercise and more. Recognising that much of a dog’s life is spent in the home, the stage will be transformed into a life-like house setting to explore typical issues that happen in the household. Visitors will be invited to submit their dog as an on-stage case study in advance of the show
- Have-A-Go – because who wants to just sit and watch? Getting tails wagging will be an array of activities for dogs to try their paw at. Splash about in the K9 Aqua Sports Pool, enjoying canine aquatic sport otherwise known as dock diving. There’s also agility and flyball to get the pace going. Plus, dogs can enjoy dips and water-soaked fetch on Pylewell Park’s very own beach
- Happy Hound Den – dedicated to all things canine pamper and chill, dogs can recharge from all the excitement with power naps and relaxing grooms, while humans chat with fellow owners
- Boutique shopping – visitors can expect over 200 quality stalls catering to a dog’s every need, as well as lots of wonderful goods and gifts from local New Forest producers
- Artisan Food & Drink – harvested from talented Hampshire and the New Forest producers. Fuelling the humans’ day will be a host of food from local land and sea including delights such as wood fired pizza, crispy squid, Hampshire hog roast, freshly made Isle of Wight fishcakes, local ale, craft gin, freshly squeeze juice and more. Dogs can expect their own menus too!
- The Dogstival Lounge – hosted by one half of BBC Radio’s Barking Blonde Anna Webb, head here to listen to inspiring talks and insights from patrons and partners including Chris Packham and the New Forest Parks team. More details to be announced
- The Dogstival Awards – honouring local pets, people and businesses, who’ve overcome challenges, demonstrated bravery, worked hard for a cause or gone the extra mile to make a dog feel welcome
Bringing the whole dog day together is an engaging, friendly boutique-vibe. Expect live music, Vintage Fairground complete with a Ferris Wheel offering views over the Isle of Wight and just for dogs, there will be surprises to discover including a canine cartoonist, Dogstival Photobooth and Dogstival Treasure Hunt with hidden prizes to sniff out.
Dogstival’s stunning, dog-friendly South Coast location plays a huge factor in making the event a truly fantastic day out with your dog. Pylewell Park is steeped in history as a grand 17th century house, positioned on the south coast of the New Forest with a large agricultural and sporting estate. The estate is approximately 2,000 acres with a mix of woodland, a 15-acre lake with around 70 acres of open lawn that flows down from main house onto its private beach, which makes it the perfect spot to visit during National Walking Month! Located at the southern point in the New Forest, it’s also just a few minute’s drive from a host of tourist attractions, pictures postcard villages with a wide choice of dog friendly accommodation options, from camping to five-star boutique hotels for guest wishing to make a weekend of it.
Dogstival is organised by New Forest based Lighthouse Marketing. Co-founder Richard Nowell comments: “Dogstival is all about creating ‘the best day of a dog’s life’ and the event will be packed with things to watch and experience. Plus, it’s a chance to meet thousands of other owners and pet lovers, different breeds and relax at one of the most stunning venues in an area that is so well catered for dogs. It’s not just about a great day out though; we want to use the show as an opportunity to talk about some of the issues faced in the Forest, responsible pet ownership and delve into the health and wellbeing of our four-legged friends.”
Tickets and info
Dogstival takes place from 10am to 6pm on Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th May 2019 at Pylewell Park, Lymington, Hampshire, SP41 5SJ. Tickets are priced at £13.50 for Adults (plus booking fee), £7.50 Children aged 6-16 years (plus booking fee), under 6’s go free and are on sale now at Dogstival.co.uk. Prices at the door are higher.
Also stay up with the latest announcements @dogstival.
Description by the organisers
Disclaimer: We do our best to provide accurate information, however times of events may vary, so please double check on the official events pages/with the organisers. You can find the official link to event page in each listing.
Submit a dog event and get it listed for free in the Dog Events Calendar by filling the form available at this link.