- This event has passed.
Dog-friendly cinema screening “Pick of the Litter” @Clapham Picturehouse
Sun 12 May 2019 | 11:00 am - 1:00 pm£14.50
Join the next dog-friendly cinema screening at Clapham Picturehouse, showing “Pick of the litter” on Sunday 12th May 2019, at 11:00 am. Customers are welcome to bring their well-behaved dogs into the cinema for this special screening. Read the dog-friendly policy before you book. Tickets cost £14.50 adults, £8.30 children, and are available here.
We are happy for you to bring your dog along to this special dog-friendly screening (you’re welcome without a dog too). Film: “Pick of the Litter” | Director: Don Hardy Dana Nachman | Duration: 81 min. Before the screening there are a few things to consider:
- If you attend this screening with a dog, you’ll be issued with a fleece blanket to cover the seat used by the dog or to use as a rug if the dog sits on the floor.
- During the screenings, we will provide bowls of water around the screen. We will leave lighting levels a little higher than usual during the screening and lower the volume of the soundtrack.
- Please be aware that we reduce capacity when offering ‘dog-friendly’ screenings, so there may be fewer tickets than usual.
- We limit dogs to: one dog to one adult.
- For further information, see dog-friendly screening policy in our cinema. picturehouses.com/dogs
Pick of the Litter follows a litter of puppies from the moment they’re born and begin their quest to become guide dogs for the blind. Cameras follow these pups through an intense two-year odyssey as they train to become dogs whose ultimate responsibility is to protect their blind partners from harm. Along the way, these remarkable animals rely on a community of dedicated individuals who train them to do amazing, life-changing things in the service of their human. The stakes are high and not every dog can make the cut. Only the best of the best. The pick of the litter.
With deft storytelling skill, directors Dana Nachman and Don Hardy (the two previously co-directed the feature docs The Human Experiment, Witch Hunt, and Love Hate Love) introduce us to a group of unique canine characters along with their human counterparts. Pick of the Litter is a wonderful reminder of the extraordinary relationships we have with our dogs, especially those that we work beside each day.
Description and image provided by the organisers
Disclaimer: We do our best to provide accurate information, however times of events may vary, so please double check on the official events pages/with the organisers. You can find the official link to event page in each listing.
Submit a dog event and get it listed for free in the Dog Events Calendar by filling the form available at this link.