- This event has passed.
Dog Day Afternoon
Sat 11 May 2019 | 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Scamper down to Cabbages & Frocks Market in Marylebone Village for a fun day out celebrating our four legged friends, on 11th May 2019.
- Introducing for the first time Doga with Mahny Djahanguiri and Robbie, her 7 year old Maltese Terrier at 11am. Doga is a human yoga practise that helps support the natural bond you have with your Dog. The free class will starts at 11am, don’t just watch, join in with your 4 legged friend, its fun! Large and small dogs welcome. Don’t forget to bring your yoga mat, suitable clothing and a sense of humour for what we hope will be a truly relaxing session!
- At 12noon and 2pm, give a round of “appaws” to Dima who is surely the leader of the pack! He runs the Good Boy Dog School and will put on his new show with his 4 legged friends. He appeared on Britain’s Got Talent and The Secret life of Dogs on ITV.
- Competitions from 2.30pm judged by Rob Alleyne of Dog Owners club and seen on BBC3 “Dog Borstal” and Mahny Djahanguiri from Dogamahny. Running order below, each takes approx. 10 mins:
“A bit of ruff” for mixed breeds
– Waggy tail
– The Prettiest Bitch
– Most Handsome Male
– Miniatures & toy breeds
– New kid on the block – Best puppy
– Oldies but goodies
– Best in show
While watching one of the displays munch on an Argentinian steak sandwich by El Faryon. For the health conscious there will also be fresh vegan salads and various sweet treats including cheesecake, ideal with a cappuccino.
- Spoil your pet with a handmade luxury memory foam dog bed from Ivy and Duke. Made in the UK from a range of practical and stylish materials to ensure the beds will suits everyone’s needs, big or small.
- Get them sniffing at healthy dog treats from Yoko whose range includes Dandelion infused liver or carrot and turmeric biscuits. Perfect for health conscious owners as these products are organic and gluten free without added sugar.
- Take a look at the illustrations by Lucy Driver including artwork and greeting cards, some have appropriate sayings such as “Who said silly sausage”.
- For the active one’s, Reg & Bob will have their full range of collars and leads in bold colours ideal for showing off in the park.
- No more fussy eaters thanks to Butternut Box who makes fresh home cooked dog meals, perfectly proportioned and delivered to your front door.
- Dog charities on the day include Paws2Rescue who rehome dogs from the UK, Romania and across the world in desperate need of help. Rushton Dog save dogs from the dog meat trade in China. Visit both stalls and support their worthwhile causes.
- The market will also feature homewear, contemporary fashion, designer jewellery, accessories and vintage finds like handmade cake stands and English vintage crockery by A Piece of History Vintage. Look out for some high end labels.
- Bantam knits have a range of accessories to include snoods, lampshades, linen tea towel plus tableware screen printed from original dog drawings.
Description and image (by Rachel Oates) provided by the organisers
Disclaimer: We do our best to provide accurate information, however times of events may vary, so please double check on the official events pages/with the organisers. You can find the official link to event page in each listing.
Submit a dog event and get it listed for free in the Dog Events Calendar by filling the form available at this link.