- This event has passed.
Dog and Owner Swim at Woodgreen Leisure Centre (Banbury, Oxfordshire)
Sun 15 September 2019 | 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Woodgreen Leisure Centre will host its annual Dog & Owner Swim on Sunday 15th September 2019. Registration opens Monday 19th August. You can view and download the registration form from Woodgreen Leisure Centre’s website here as well as view and download the full terms and conditions here.
Terms and Conditions
- A completed registration form must be provided at the time of booking, along with payment. The cost of the event will be £12 per dog which allows up to 2 adults per dog.
- Each spectator just pays £1 and can be paid on the day.
- Children under 8 go free.
- Dogs under the age of 1 year will be restricted to the 9am session only for safety reasons.
- Only one session per dog may be booked.
- You must attend your allocated session. 10mins after the session has begun, dogs will not be allowed entry, so please be on time.
- Session times are just 50mins long, followed by 10min turn around time to get all dogs and owners off poolside ready for the next session.
- At least one human (aged 16+) must accompany their dog in the pool. This is to ensure they can respond should their dog get into trouble, and also to assist the dog with getting out of the pool.
- By agreeing to accompany the dog in the pool, you are confirming yourself as a competent swimmer.
- Lifeguards will be provided to maintain the safety of human swimmers. Should the pool emergency alarm sound, all owners are to secure their dog and remove them from the water, therefore not to interfere with any rescue or endanger Woodgreen lifeguards.
- We recommend all owners to resist going underwater, as the condition of the water will decline throughout the day.
- By attending the event, you understand that dogs other than your own will be present.
- Each dog is of sole responsibility of that of the owner. Woodgreen staff will not be held accountable to death, illness or injury of any dog, nor any human owner participating in the event.
- By agreeing to participate in the dog swim, you understand that other dogs will be present, and each dog should be up to date on all vaccinations and not be aggressive towards other dogs or humans.
- Any dogs appearing to be aggressive to dogs or humans will be asked to leave immediately.
- Dogs that have suffered from diarrhoea in the week leading up to the event are advised not to attend.
- No dog will be allowed inside Woodgreen Leisure Centre.
- No dog is to be left unaccompanied by their owner.
Description by the organisers
Disclaimer: We do our best to provide accurate information, however times of events may vary/be rescheduled/cancelled, so please always double check on the official events pages/with the organisers. You can find the official link to event page in each listing. We cannot be held liable for relying on information provided in the listing.
Please note that unless clearly stated in the listing, we are NOT the organisers of the event. Please get in touch with the organisers directly with any questions you may have.
Submit a dog event and get it listed in the Dog Events Calendar by filling the form available at this link.