With Bring Your Dog to Work Day just gone, it was time to celebrate dogs at the workplace, for one day only or who normally join their humans to work. But what if you are not lucky enough to work for a dog-friendly company and you’d love for this to change? Or maybe you already work for a dog-friendly employer and that’s a benefit that you are not ready to give up for a new job? Then get your CV and cover letter ready, because with this new feature we hope to help you get a step closer to your next dog-friendly role!
Forget having to quit your corporate job to be able to spend more time with your dog, pursuing a dog walker life or a pet venture. For this first feature, we have picked a selection of roles from a range of small and large dog-friendly businesses currently on the market, from entry levels to senior positions. We organised them on the ground of professional expertise area (rather than industry), so it’s easier for you to find your best role fit. At the bottom of the post you will also find a 90-second survey about dog-friendly job search, where we’d love to hear about your thoughts and experience and try and give you relevant information in the next feature! [Cover dog: Léa from Airbnb]
Job roles at dog-friendly companies in London
Over the last two years and a half we have met all sort of dogs from all kind of companies in London. So far, we featured over 60 in our Office Dog Series (with each edition featuring one office/agency/studio/workshop/store dog story a day for a whole working week) and counting, and we have met so many more we can’t wait to share with you. We had been thinking for a while about how good it would be if dog owners could more easily find job opportunities which wouldn’t force them to leave their dogs at home (or at day care), so we are starting to test something new.
Below you will find a curated selection of 21 jobs at dog-friendly companies in London, in the hope that this can help you shaping and progressing in your job career with a thought to your hound:
- Full Stack Developer, Prototypes and Tools at Google (Google has multiple branches in London; applications for this role close soon. Google’s dog policy is just amazing, and they even have a dog wall of fame! You can read all about Google’s office dog pack, the Dooglers!).
- Full Stack Developer at TransferWise (Shoreditch, Nora the cavalier recently left the office to move back to TransferWise’s Estonian offices, but there are other office pooches, so you’ll be in good company!)
- Senior iOS Engineer at Depop (Cool Shoreditch offices, Thelma and the gang at the office)
- Senior Designer at Impero (Wapping. Our friends at Impero have 6 rotating dogs, we interviewed them twice, first their ringleader Bert, and then the whole pack)
- Senior Designer at Design Bridge (Clerkenwell. You’ll just fall in love Jarvis the Bedlington-Whippet cross)
- Editor & Animator – Black Sheep Studios at BBH (Super central Soho office, we’ll tell you about their office dog pack later this year on the blog)
- Junior Motion & Visual Designer at Impero
Business and People roles
- Talent Director at Monzo (Moorgate. One of the frendliest offices, and look out for a feature about their office dog Bingo coming soon on the blog!)
- Senior Strategist at Made by Many (Angel. You’ll bump into the 2 partners dogs, Tilly and Bramble)
- Junior Project Manager at The Future Laboratory (Shoreditch. A large dog pack of super busy pooches)
- Partnership Consultancy Manager at Carwow (Victoria. Dog-friendly office)
- Account Director – Advertising at Ogilvy (Seacontainers. Who wouldn’t want to work in an office with lovely views on the Thames and a few office dogs roaming on the floors; earlier we interviewed Chief Relaxation Officer, Bailey)
- Global Head of Retail at Monocle (Marylebone. Some lovely office dogs including Macy)
Legal and Finance roles
- Regulatory Affairs Adviser at Monzo
- Senior Fundraising Support & Data Manager at Battersea (Battersea. Applications closing soon. To combine your expertise in compliance with helping dogs in need for a charity)
- Payments Director at Monzo
- AML Internal Auditor at Revolut (Canary Wharf. Oscar the rescue mutt recently left the company, but you can still meet Peaches!)
- Head of Marketing at Carwow
- Social Media Manager at Thirtythree (Clerkenwell. Luna the Corgi may have moved on, but Thirtythree is still dog-friendly!)
- Marketing Strategy and Operations Lead at Google
- Events & Marketing Executive at Perkbox (Moorgate. Office dogs include Dexter!)
We hope that among these roles there is some for you! If you’d love to land to a dog-friendly job, take our survey below.
Take the Survey!
A 90-second survey below about dog-friendly job search, which will help suggesting roles that more relevant for you. We value privacy, so the survey doesn’t ask for any name/email/similar information. You can include any additional comments/suggestions/requests in the last field (you can alternatively email us on hello(at)thelondog.com if you prefer to have a direct chat or pop a comment at the bottom of the page). Click the button below to start the survey!